From: glenda Goodman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:38:46 AM
Subject: Re: Here is the link

Tonya,
I'm going to answer you directly on this, since you
addressed me personally. Ok ,this is the deal: I'm new
here, I have picked up the basics and I have learned
them well. I am not a gambler. Maybe that is the core
difference between those of us not willing to risk
mixing our FeLV+ guys with our FIV+ guys. I was
incredibly touched by Sherry's love and enthusiasim
for her most adored little kitty Mystique. My heart
just goes out to Sherry so much. I cry almost always
when I read about these kitties dying and I just want
to give all you guys a big hug when one of you is
hurting.
When I was told Mystique was only FIV+ I felt so happy
and hopeful. When I was told she was mixing freely
with FeLV+ kitties everyday, swapping saliva, etc. I
panicked. Remember, I AM NOT A GAMBLER.
I told Sherry my feelings, as gently as possible. I
have so far in the short time I have been on this
list, been told over and over again, that the FeLV
vaccine is only 75% -90% effective...It used to be
only 75%-85%, but there is talk, now, that there has
been a slight improvement. My personal vets also tell
me these #'s , so at least I feel I am as informed as
anyone here.
As for FIV+ kitties, I have researched thir disease
too. I worked hard a couple months back to convince a
couple people here, in my town, not to put their FIV+
kittens to sleep over this disease. I researched and
studied for several days to learn all I could to back
my argument. I learned #1 : that their immune system
is compromised. I learned#2: that this disease is much
easier to deal with than FeLV. I learned often kittens
can throw this disease, if say, contracted through the
mother. This disease is a piece of cake, compared to
Felv. I also learned it is possible for a non- gambler
like myself, to mix an FIV+ kitty with my disease free
guys as long as the FIV+ guy does not tend to fight
and bite...I also learned FIV+ guys can have a longer
natural life than Felv+guys...
Everyone, who has been here a while, has to know these
same things ,but some here are willing to GAMBLE and
some are NOT.
I do not feel I can afford to risk any cat's life that
is in my care by mixing a FeLV+ with my healthy group
and if I happened to have an FIV+ kitty I would be
even more paranoid to mix with a FelV+ kitty.
If there is anyone here, that can tell me some
SCIENTIFIC REASON, I am wrong in my opinion, PLEASE
come back to me . I came here to learn. I appreciate
the stories of how this person or that ,might have had
a disease free cat live 20+ years among FeLV+ kitties
and never contract the disease. This is where I get my
hope. This makes me feel so happy, gives me
strength...These stories are almost as helpful to my
spirit as the actual scientific information I get here
is  helpful to my mind. I also, love just the
emotional support here. I think these three things is
what keeps most of us here?
A sibling of mine, is a veterinarin. While researching
which university to go to, came up with the opinion
the three best schools in the country for veterinary
medicine were as follows,  University of Colorado, in
Fort Collins, The University of California in Napa,
and lastly,the the University right down there in
Austin, Texas where Susan is. All very renowed in the
world of veterinary medicine...I just realized that
last night after reeling from something I read hateful
here...
Nobody here is without a clue and nobody here is
stupid . I never heard anything of the sort said,
until yesterday. UGH!
All I can say is GOD BLESS everyone of you loving,
dear people and let's all try to get along, learn from
each other and appreciate our differences. The reason
we are here, is for our cats first. We just all want
to do what is right for them...Too bad people have to
be so jacked up...oh well, ENOUGH ! Have a good day!

=== message truncated ===

photos & more.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/go?refer=1GNXIC

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?