  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Chris Behnke
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 8:53 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Sad News & Something to Think About

Early Sunday morning, one of my fur-babies passed away from a heart
attack. There was no warning, she had never been sick a day in her
life. Chelsea was only 4 years old. The vet did an autopsy today and
confirmed that it was cardiomyopathy. Basically there was a
thickening in her heart walls and her heart failed. She went very
quickly and without pain. One minute she was walking, the next she
was gone. There was nothing I could have done. Cardiomyopathy is
something that is prevalent among Maine Coons and American Short
Haired cats and is usually found between the ages of 1 and 4 years
old. They are not a lot of symptoms and cannot always be detected
before it causes fatalities. Regular vet visits could help to detect
it early. Vets can do xrays to see the heart or listen to the heart
rate and make sure nothing is unusual. Also, never take for granted
the time you have with your animals. I loved Chelsea and she knew it.
I didn't get to say goodbye since she went so quick, but at least I
know she knew she was loved and treasured. I make it a habit to tell
all my animals that I love them everyday.

I didn't post this for sympathy, but I wanted to share with you the
importance of regular vet checkups. Because I have so many animals, I
was told that I didn't have to do regular checkups for all of my
babies, I just needed to take them in when they were sick. I now know
better.

Thanks,

Chris

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
11/5/2007 4:36 AM
Effective September 1, 2007, we have changed our name to Mayer Brown LLP.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer Brown LLP to be used and
cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that
may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers to any such tax
advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or other entity,
investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the advice was written
to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other than Mayer Brown LLP)
of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such taxpayers should seek advice based
on the taxpayers particular circumstances from an independent tax advisor.