Kelley:
I am an attorney in Louisville, Kentucky.  Since things get done faster
sometimes when they are communicated lawyer-to-lawyer, I contacted an attorney
in San Francisco who practices 100% animal law (yeah, I didn't even know that
was an area of practice either...but hey, it's San Fran...,it makes sense!).  I
don't know her personally, nor do I know any attorneys in Austin personally,
but thought I could get you some references for attorneys in your area who are
animal-oriented/friendly through her.  I contacted her on your behalf and she
has responded with some referrals for you.  I will forward you the email she
sent me in response directly to your email address here in a second.
I hope this provides you some help.
Caroline K.  > Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:42:11 -0600> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: Re: Need some help> > sorry, it is
512-694-5455. Anyone feel free to call, especially if> you know how to get a
lawyer. I have never needed one before.> > On 11/9/07, Susan Hoffman <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:> > I have to leave for work soon so I'll probably have to
call this evening.> > (If it's slow I may be able to call from work.) What is
your area code?> >> > Kelley Saveika <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > Susan, you
need to call me. I am at work and I could not hold it> > together so I am
leaving. I may go to the doctor to get a sedative.> >> > my # is 694-5455.> >>
> On 11/9/07, Susan Hoffman wrote:> > > Kelley, give me the details. Did they
have a search warrant? Did you> > > consent to a search or the seizure? What
paperwork were you given? What> > > did you sign? Is there a hearing date?> >
yesterday by animal control. I had taken some> > > sick animals to Emancipet
for treatment and they sent the Austin> > > Police Department an email stating
they were concerned.> > >> > > I am in desperate, desperate need of monies for
an attorney, since I> > > spend every cent I have caring for these animals. In
this case I> > > could not give you a tax deduction as I do when you have so
kindly in> > > the past donated to help my animals. I could send you a thank
you> > > note and pay it forward to some other rescuers at some other time.> >
cat at a time.> > >> > > http://www.rescuties.org> > >> > > Vist the Rescuties
store and save a kitty life!> > >> > > http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20> >
> I GoodSearch for Rescuties.> > >> > > Raise money for your favorite charity
or school just by searching the> > > Internet with GoodSearch -
www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!> > >> > >> > >> >> >> > --> > Rescuties
- Saving the world, one cat at a time.> >> > http://www.rescuties.org> >> >
Vist the Rescuties store and save a kitty life!> >> >
http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20> >> > Please help George!> >> >
http://rescuties.chipin.com/george> >> > I GoodSearch for Rescuties.> >> >
Raise money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the> >
Internet with GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!> >> >> >> > >
-- > Rescuties - Saving the world, one cat at a time.> >
http://www.rescuties.org> > Vist the Rescuties store and save a kitty life!> >
http://astore.amazon.com/rescuties-20> > Please help George!> >
http://rescuties.chipin.com/george> > I GoodSearch for Rescuties.> > Raise
money for your favorite charity or school just by searching the> Internet with
GoodSearch - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!>
Windows Live Hotmail and Microsoft Office Outlook – together at last.  Get it
now.