http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/council_meetings/item_attachments.cfm?meetingid=62&itemid=2544&item=28

The city of Austin apparently pays Emancipet to provide low-cost spay neuter services for it's citizens.

Gloria

At 12:05 PM 11/10/2007, you wrote:
emancipet is quite a well-known mobile spay/neuter program in texas--with, as far as i've ever heard, a really good, transparent reputation until now.

it really surprised me that a group that was so well respected would do this, especially in a place where the tensions are so well-known. i was im'ing last night with a friend in southern california, asking her about contacts in TX--she's mostly a feral rescuer, and was active in the hartz flea-product stuff (ie, not the crowds i generally hang with.) told her some of the what was going on, and she im'd someone else she knew to see if they had any contacts in austin: what she got back, IMMEDIATELY, was, "there's a bad shelter there...."

impossible to know, at this point, what the motivation was..... personally, i wouldn't do anything to jeopardize kelley's chances of reclaiming her kitties -- so while i might contact emancipet about this AFTER the hearing, since i don't know what's behind it all.....

me