-Caroline

Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:01:54 -0800From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: Re: We are having
issuesTo: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

I'm new here but I think I might be able to help.  I was having a similar issue
with my kids.  Waco, 9 yr old siamese who we are pretty sure is FeLV+ started
getting real aggressive with 2 of my other weaker, sick cats.  Yota, 8 yr old
siamese, FeLV+ and Jake, 14 yr old orange tabby with an injured paw.  I've been
doing a lot of research into holistic treatments of FeLV because I had 2 vets
tell me there is nothing that can be done for Yota (lympathic leukemia).  I was
at Good Earth (the natural/herb store) and was talking with a very nice sales
lady and I happened to mention Waco's aggressive behavior.  She suggested using
a flower essense called "Vine Essence".  According to the book we were looking
at it helps with "domination" issues.  It helps cats who feel the need to pick
on weaker, sick or smaller cats.  She suggested putting it in their water or
diliuting it and rubbing it on their ears when getting some luvs from you.  She
also told me that it would not affect the other cats if I put it in their
water.  The essenses only affect the one with "issues".  I also found an
article that might help you if this is something your considering :
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_2002_June/ai_86387597 .  All I
know is that I used it and it worked.  Now when Waco starts playing "I AM ALPHA
CAT"  I either rub some on his ears or put a couple of drops in his liquid
vitamins and all that goes in a dropper straight down the hatch!  And I hate to
say this but you might have Penelope checked out.  She could be sick or having
issues your not aware of yet.  Usually the alpha cats will harrass the weak or
sick.  Out in the wild these animals would be killed by the alpha.  Just
something to think about.

Also, I was wondering what if any kind of treatments are you giving your FeLV+
cat?
----- Original Message ----From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>To:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:56:13 PMSubject: We are having
issues
Ok, guys.  I hope someone can figure this situation out, because I'm at my
wit's end.  Two of my girls are NOT getting along, and I don't know what to do.
 Penelope (FeLV negative, 2 years old, very standoffish personality, not a
"friendly" type cat, doesn't want to be held, only wants attention when SHE
wants it, a loner, etc) and Grizzabella (FeLV positive, 7 years old, very
friendly, never met a stranger, not so much a lap cat, but doesn't mind being
petted and isn't afraid of strangers at all) are constantly at each other. :(
They never really "liked" each other, but the last few months it has gotten
progressively worse.  To the point that Penelope is afraid to come out of the
bedroom.  She was pooping/peeing under the bed.  And I know it was just because
she was afraid of Grizzabella and wouldn't come out of the bedroom.  We finally
had to put a litterbox in there for her, and food/water.

What I have noticed is they seem to attack each other, depending on their mood,
but one always jumps the other.  They can't even pass in the hall without
fighting, and I don't know what to do.  There doesn't seem to be any
precursor/cuase.  All it seems to take is one of them seeing the other and
they're off.  I'm really worried Bella is going to end up scratching Penny and
infecting her.  Right now when they start I just put Bella in the guestroom for
a few hours so Penelope can come out of the bedroom, and then when we leave of
the morning I let Bella out and Penelope spends the day in the bedroom.  Any of
you guys had any success with behavior modification?  I welcome any
thoughts/ideas on what has worked for you guys in the past.  Poppy, the third
one in the house proper, gets along with both of them, for the most part.  I've
seen Poppy jump Penny a time or two, but certainly nothing like the other two.
:(  Penny and Poppy do well together most of the time (they both sleep in my
bed at night).  Any ideas?

Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com