emancipet is quite a well-known mobile spay/neuter program in texas--with,
as far as i've ever heard, a really good, transparent reputation until now.

it really surprised me that a group that was so well respected would do
this, especially in a place where the tensions are so well-known. i was
im'ing last night with a friend in southern california, asking her about
contacts in TX--she's mostly a feral rescuer, and was active in the hartz
flea-product stuff (ie, not the crowds i generally hang with.) told her some
of the what was going on, and she im'd someone else she knew to see if they
had any contacts in austin: what she got back, IMMEDIATELY, was, "there's a
bad shelter there...."

impossible to know, at this point, what the motivation was..... personally,
i wouldn't do anything to jeopardize kelley's chances of reclaiming her
kitties -- so while i might contact emancipet about this AFTER the hearing,
since i don't know what's behind it all.....

me