  From: Chris
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2008 6:41 PM
  Subject: Advice on trapping...

  I'm in Tucson visiting my parents and have a dilemma that I thought some more
experienced folks might help me with.  My father's been feeding a little cat
and her kittens since right after we spotted them in October.  Mom is a young
tortie who we believe someone dumped in their complex after she got pregnant.
She had 3 kittens but sadly 2 didn't make it.  So now there is her and one of
her kittens and they are used to being fed everyday.

  I have finally found a no-kill shelter who can take them but am having real
trouble catching them.  Last night I really messed up.  I had the kitten but
managed to let him slip out when I went to put him in the big dog kennel that
we have set up for feeding station.  He ran off, it was pouring and though I
did see him again, I'm sooo afraid he's really spooked.  Then I rented a trap
but messed up on setting it up and mom cat slipped out.  I corrected my mistake
and know I did it right cause I caught another cat. He was a wee bit surprised
and scooted out as soon as I opened the trap!  LOL

  Today I set the trap and put some fried chicken and fish.  I was told to
cover the trap so they can't see the food from the back.  I also put a sheet of
newspaper inside at the entrance w. some treats to sort of lure them in.  I saw
Mom today but she didn't go to eat.  I'm hoping they come back.

  Does anyone have advice?  Also, I have one trap and a big dog kennel so if I
trap one, I'm not sure if I should try to get it into the dog kennel-not sure
how to do this.  Any and all advice would be most appreciated!

  Christiane Biagi

  914-632-4672

  Cell:  914-720-6888

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]