I'll let others address your specific questions but I'll put my two cents worth in. Look at homeopathic/alternative/complemtary vets, especially if conventional vets are not meeting your needs. Enjoy the time you have together. If you spend it thinking about the possible future you will miss the wonderful present.......and the future may or may not be as you imagine it. We all start dying the minute we are born. We fear death but our friends do not. They live in the minute and that is what you need to do too. I had a perfectly wonderful and apparently very healthy cat leave this world with cancer. My little FeLV + girl has been with me 3 wonderful years and is apparently perfectly healthy. We never know what will take us from this world or when. Please spend wonderful time with BooBoo.....time enjoying him and listening to him. Tell him of your fears if that will help you verbalize them and deal with them.

Good luck and all the blessings of all the universes to you and Boo. Don't waste the present.