  From: Pat Kachur
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:36 PM
  Subject: Re: CLS

  Lynne - the vet (NOT my regular one) who I took Mandy to when I first got her
to have her tested told me that leukemia positive cats live only about 6 months
after diagnosis.  Well, Mandy is 6+ years old and who knows how long she has
had the virus.  I've had her for more than six months myself--and she is
thriving.

  When I saw my regular vet, he said the other vet was "nuts."