One thing my firiend did was bring out the kitty in a carrier and place her up high so she could watch the goings on but not interact with the others. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sue Koren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 7:03 AM
Subject: Re: + & - cats together

Thanks for the ideas! I googled the cat dancer and it is very similar to Buzz's favorite toy which is a wand with a long leather string tied to a mouse with feathers. He plays so hard with that toy that he ends up panting. While on that website I found something called "Mouse in the House" that looks like it will be good for the long times when he is alone. We have to keep his room locked because one of our other cats, Scottie, is very good at opening closed doors. Every time I visit him I have to pick the lock from the outside. I say goodbye to him before I leave for work, and check on him for a few minutes when I come home. Then I have to fix dinner and after it is cleaned up I try to bring him out to the family room on my lap for a little bit, but he doesn't want to be held out there. I end up going back in his room with him for the rest of the evening. The idea about a bird feeder will work and I think grass in tubs would be good also. I assume cat grass is OK for FeLV + ? The other cats would enjoy the grass, also. All of them are indoor cats. Can't play favorites. Maybe after some time goes by Buzz will get used to living in one room and not cry so.
Sue

---- Marylyn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

=============
Try bird feeders near the window and a window perch.  Cats can bat
balls and toys even on carpet.  A nice box to hide in would be great.
I had two cats who loved the Catnip (I think that is the title) tape
(birds, squirrels etc) even though they had a 12x6x6 covered kennel
with 24/7 access.  Lots of personal time with you too.....maybe a tv
or radio to listen to part of the time (not all of the time--it
becomes noise then).  Dixie has three pans (goat food size rubber
pans) on dollies with grass and capnip growing in them.  She can get
into the pans and roll in the grass and catnip and have a ball (she
has three because she wears them down and they need time to refresh).
A warm place to snuggle, maybe with a snuggle safe.

Ideas.....take what works for you and for Amond.