Please cross-post selectively (anyone a member of the Homeless Cat Network?):

  Talked to Sally and here's the situation:

  She has not been cited, nothing in writing, yet.  She is very worried about
two FeLV+ kittens and two FIV+ cats.  IF they are seized they would likely be
put down immediately.  What she needs most right now is some place to put these
cats for 4 to 6 weeks to see if the situation will blow over.  (She could use
adoption assistance or additional foster space to move out some other cats too
but the positives are her biggest concern.)

  Four years ago she had a run-in with animal control but it did just go away.
Theyb gave her 60 days to get her numbers down and just never came back.  So it
may go away again.  She does not want to antagonize them by having an attorney
make inquiries on her behalf and I tend to agree.

  She also needs someone computer-savvy in the San Jose area.  We are setting
her up with a functioning computer and can at least set up a dial up connection
for her before she takes the computer home.  But she's paying for AT&T DSL at
home and needs someone in the San Jose area who can get that working for her.

  On 3/12/08, MaryChristine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:   there ARE good a/c
officers out there--and when we find them, it is VITAL that we let them know
how much they are appreciated. i even know of a couple in texas..... too often,
however, they are NOT like what people see on "animal planet," unless the
management is committed to power-within, and not power-over, which is not the
most usual attitude in law enforcement.

send thank-you notes to the good acos you encounter, please....

MC