  From: Kathy Dillard
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2008 6:14 PM
  Subject: Re: re spaying my kitten

  She was just checked by the vet and she has gianed weight (6 lbs) and the vet
said she seems very healthy.  The vet said that cats that are not spayed have
more problems with cancer. She has been in heat twice now and it does seem to
stress her out some and she eats less during that time

  Lynne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
    < STYLE>
    Kathy, personally, unless she has had bloodwork showing she is the
healthiest positive cat on the planet, I would not do it.  I was told that the
stress of wanting to breed is harder on a cat than the stress of undergoing
neutering but if I had to do it again, I would never have had my positive male
neutered.  Although he was pretty far advanced leukemia wise, I truly believe
his neutering caused him many additional problems that hastened his death.  As
we know, spaying is a much bigger procedure than neutering.  If she is going to
be an indoor cat only and you are willing to go through heats I would not do
it.  Just my take on things.  I now have a 3 year old female who has Feline
Herpes Virus, inactive at the moment, and I've only had her for a week.  I am
not even going to think about spaying for at least a month.  I want her to be
in excellent health, stress free etc before I'll even consider it.

    Lynne