From: "Lance" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 10:50 AM
Subject: accidental pos/negs interaction

>I know I should know better than to have a panic
attack about this,  but
>I'm really close to having a panic attack about this.
I awoke  quite early
>this morning to discover that two of our negs had
managed  to get into my
>bedroom with my pos. Some of the cat sounds
(primarily  scratching on the
>cat tree) sounded different, because they were
coming from a bigger cat,
>but it didn't register until I got up. My  pos, while
growly, wasn't acting
>too wound up. I'm proud of her.
>
> I'm concerned because, of course, not only is my pos
in here but her  food
> dish and litter box. Also, I don't know what was
going on or how  long the
> cats had been in here with us. I have good reason to
believe  that one of
> the cats is resistant to the virus, but the younger
cat, a  two year old,
> I'm not so sure about. She got the first round of
FeLV+  vax when she was
> young, but those vax haven't been refreshed, as we
never anticipated
> these sorts of run-ins.
>
> So, does anyone have thoughts on any treatment I
should start? How  long
> should I wait to have her tested? It looks like
felineleukemia.org
> recommends 90 days? I realize that there's a
possibility that this
> particular neg didn't come into any real contact
with the virus, and if
> she did, that there's a decent chance she'll  fight
it off. However, since
> this cat is not mine but is the love of  my mom's
life, I'm crawling out

> http://www.eset.com

Access, No Cost.