[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MaryChristine
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 4:58 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Ringworm

ringworm, like cockroaches and twinkies, will outlive us all, no matter what
we do. it sits backs and laughs at us all.

there are a number of protocols listed on persian sites specifically for
dealing with it, as persians and himmies seem to be more susceptible to it
than other cats--a genetic link is suspected....

as carmen says, tho, everyday antifungal cream treats the symptomatic cats,
and the majority of the others won't get it anyway. first time i ever dealt
with it was in the FeLV kitten room.... we had five with small patches, and
we treated them--it went away, WITHOUT the other 45 or so getting it. (i got
it, mind you, but i have a compromised immune system..... i don't get it any
longer.)

if you go to some of the veterinary sites, and read through EVERYTHING, and
finally get to the bottom of the page, in the very fine print, you'll see,
"goes away on its own in three months, with or without treatment."

so if you want to throw out all your curtains and rugs and clothing, and
shampoo all the cats weekly for months, and do the toothbrush tests at the
vet, and turn yourself and the cats green and stinky with lime-sulphur dip,
you can.

there IS a laundry additive/cleaning solution additive that a persian rescue
swears by--all i have to do is figure out where the heck i saved the durned
link.

incidentally, magic works on ringworm as well as anything else does--there
are all sorts of things that people claim will cure it that have been
completely disproven by research, but work for the people who believe in
them. so don't rule out that option, either.