Hi Terrie,
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through with your mom.  Just as a
little bit of hope, my dad is the same age as your mom and his doctor gave
him 1 month to 1 year to live over 2 and a half years ago.  We thought it
was really the end just before last Christmas, he couldn't walk to the
bathroom without passing out, was shivering all the time and sleeping all
day.  His doctors acted like this was just the inevitable progression of his
disease.  Turns out it was his meds.  They finally let him lower his
blood-pressure medication and he woke up, started eating healthy, exercising
a tiny bit, and is enjoying his life again.  His condition is still
ultimately fatal, but this reprieve has been wonderful.

Hoping she has many barbeques to come...
Hugs,
Beth