  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
  Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 10:03 AM
  Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Melina Please add to the CLS :(

  I am so sorry to have to write this. We lost our sweet little Smokey cat.
When I took him to my vet before we left on vacation she told us that the sores
in his mouth were caused from the virus and that he was suffering. She said
there wasn't anything that could be done. I just couldn't believe it because I
really thought he was doing so much better and that the sores were from herpes,
which I explained to her. She said no, sometimes these sores are caused from
the decease and that he was in great pain. Every time I think about the times
that I cleaned his little mouth it breaks my heart because I now know how much
I was hurting him. I was as gentle as I could be but I thought I needed to keep
the sores doctored and I really didn't realize how much pain he was in. Stupid
me, I thought I was helping him and that he was getting better.

  After some time goes by, I plan on going to a rescue facility and adopting a
cat. I will try to get a little cat that has been passed by, maybe a little
older one, I don't really know, I figure I will know when I see him/her. Thank
you for all the information and support. You all were a great source of
information and support.

  Sincerely,
  Kathryn