Hello! nice to meet you.
I am from Brazil and new to this talk group. If you’re not attracted to read so
much, please, just jump to essential questions at the last paragraph.

I have 14 cats, four of them FeLV+, persistently viremic, according to the
results of four IFA tests carried through the last 6 months. Pupa, a siamese
female 8 years old is the only showing advanced symptoms of illness, having
developed lymphoma (diagnosed in April, in a submandibular lymphnode). The
other three positives are very well and without any complication beyond
leucopenia. The FeLV+ cats have been kept isolated from the others 10 animals
(which have been recurrently tested negative for the same period). I am
biologist and scientific researcher in the area of taxonomy and evolution but,
since the beginning of this year, into an hard attempt to digest an amount of
literature on veterinary and human (cancer and AIDS, specifically) medicine, in
search of some alternative solution to one given by the vets who diagnosed the
problem in the colony: “We are sorry to inform, but you it will go to lose all
the positives in a short period of time”.

Sometimes I wonder it wasn’t better if I had overlooked those papers in the
first NCBI PubMed search. Since then I am trying to understand why such
promising line of research have been discontinued after the 1990’s.  The
subsequent articles contradicting those finds are too few and, although a
randomized controlled clinical trial, reporting there is no significant
statistical difference between treated and placebo groups, a large amount of
the early finds were left untouched, given no alternative explanation to a
number of cases reporting remission of FeLV infection and FeLV related
lymphosarcoma.

I had no choice, and nothing to lose, so I decided to begin a treatment from my
own. I still haven’t read all the early talks in this mailing list, but I
expect many of you have already realized what the matter is; indeed I believe
that some have previously experienced such drama. If so, I hope you can share
with me some results, conclusions or just your doubts and opinions. I’ll be
very pleased in putting my preliminary impression, to plant my doubts and
discuss possible outcomes.

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE TRIED A TREATMENT WITH STAPHYLOCOCCAL PROTEIN A (SPA)?
HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT ANY SUCCESSFUL OR UNSUCCESSFUL TRIAL OUTSIDE THE CIENTIFIC
LITERATURE?

Thanks,
Hebert
from São Paulo