Kim, I am so sorry for what you are going through with your Cole.  We had to
put our old guy to rest last Thursday and had lost our young cat to leukemia
in March after owning him for only month.  It's been such heartbreak around
here. Your Cole is way to young to leave for a healthy cat but you have
managed to do what I only wish I could have done, keep him as long as you
have.  That is wonderful that he has had a loving life this long.  You will
have to make the decision for him.  It's the hardest thing you'll probably
ever have to do but you must because he can't.  You've been with him a long
time and will know when he is ready.  I do not want to sound discouraging
here, but you need to decide how far you want to take this, financially and
emotionally.  I personally will never again subject a sick cat to the
constant vet visits, the myriad of medications and the horrendous expenses
incurred.  I have nothing but guilt left from losing our little Himilayan.
The blood work was grave yet we continued to have fluid drained from his
lungs because he couldn't breath, give him medications that served no
purpose at his stage and all in all created an almost unbearable situation
for all of us.

Unfortunately only you can make this decision but trust your instincts, have
a talk with Cole.  That's what we did with Len.  We bawled our heads off
when he took his last breath but we know we did the right thing.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

Lynne

I will say this,