--- On Tue, 8/12/08, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:45:54 -0500>
Subject:
[Felvtalk] my Cole, help!> > > I am afraid I am on the verge of losing
my
loved and adored kitty, Cole. I have had him for 6 1/2 years and we have had
our ups and downs with some illnesses but nothing a little TLC and medicine
couldn't handle. I got Cole when he was 5 months old from the Humane
Society
and about a week after adopting him I found out he was feline leukemia
positive. The Humane Society said they would take him back and give me a
"new" kitty. By that point my heart was completely in love with him
and
there was no turning back, I had to meet this challenge with strength and do
all I had to take care of him. Up until this point I knew that he would make
it through all of the colds, pneumonia's, gastro-intestinal issues, but now
I am not sure anymore. He is not acting like he would normally when he is
sick..no sneezing, coughing, breathing difficulties, or diarrhea. He just
lays around all the time, doesnt seem to be eating much or drinking much.
Wet food doesnt even make him happy! I have noticed that he is losing weight
as well. I have an appointment with the vet today to get him checked out but
I am scared that this will just be the beginning of the end. I am unsure of
how far to let him go. I don't know if I should keep treating everything or
if I should give up? The last thing I would ever want to do is prolong his
life and make him suffer more just so I could have more time with him. Does
anyone have any words of advice? I am new to this posting and I am afraid of
losing one of the most important things in my life and I am not sure how to
even go about dealing with any of it! Kim>