From: Kim Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Felvtalk] my Cole, help!
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Tuesday, August 12, 2008, 9:45 AM

I am afraid I am on the verge of losing my loved and adored kitty, Cole. I have
had him for 6 1/2 years and we have had our ups and downs with some illnesses
but nothing a little TLC and medicine couldn't handle. I got Cole when he
was 5 months old from the Humane Society and about a week after adopting him I
found out he was feline leukemia positive. The Humane Society said they would
take him back and give me a "new" kitty. By that point my heart was
completely in love with him and there was no turning back, I had to meet this
challenge with strength and do all I had to take care of him. Up until this
point I knew that he would make it through all of the colds, pneumonia's,
gastro-intestinal issues, but now I am not sure anymore. He is not acting like
he would normally when he is sick..no sneezing, coughing, breathing
difficulties, or diarrhea. He just lays around all the time, doesnt seem to be
eating much or drinking much. Wet food doesnt even make him happy! I have
noticed that he is losing weight as well. I have an appointment with the vet
today to get him checked out but I am scared that this will just be the
beginning of the end. I am unsure of how far to let him go. I don't know if
I should keep treating everything or if I should give up? The last thing I would
ever want to do is prolong his life and make him suffer more just so I could
have more time with him. Does anyone have any words of advice? I am new to this
posting and I am afraid of losing one of the most important things in my life
and I am not sure how to even go about dealing with any of it!  Kim