Jennifer, if you have a GNC near you, they carry the pure form.  Pharmacies
tend to have the human kind with the additives.

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of wendy
Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 10:59 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Vet visit update

Jennifer,
Congratulations on the negative FeLV test results!  The supplement your vet
recommended is lysine.  You can find it fairly inexpensive at health food
stores and online, if not elsewhere.  Sometimes lysine can have additives
that can cause Heinz body anemia in cats, so make sure you buy it in pure
form.  Keep us posted on your pregnant kitty and I'm so glad for her and her
kittens that she is negative!
:)
Wendy

 "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret
Meade ~~~