If the cancer had already spread and the leg had been removed, the
outcome may very well have been the same, there are just some kitties
that chemo just doesn't seem to work for.

My Mikie (FeLV+) way back in 1994 had kidney cancer, we did chemo and he
responded instantly, I kid you not, he got elspar which is known as a
rescue chemo and is one that doesn't destroy the white count.  His tumor
was pretty much gone in a day, my vet was shocked to say the least.  He
did well for 2 months and then the cancer came back, he didn't respond
to the second round of chemo and in all honesty way back then I don't
remember what protocol we were on.  I know a lot more about cancer now
then I wish I needed to know.

--

Belinda
happiness is being owned by cats ...