Laura,

  I am so sorry for your loss.
  tonya

Laura Mostello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Sadly, I had to have Duncan euthanized last night. He was suffering from a
URI and getting Clavamox, and the URI was clearing up, but he was still
sluggish. On Sunday night he seemed disoriented, and was crying as if he was in
a lot of pain. I rushed him to the emergency vet and then to my regular vet
Monday morning. The vet called me at 5:30 as I was driving home from work to
get Duncan's food and told me that he thought Duncan was very close to dying.
Test results had showed Hemobartonella and he was fading fast. We talked about
possible treatments but Dr Leathers felt that it would be best, and kindest, to
put him down.
He deteriorated so quickly - just a couple of days ago he was eating and
walking around. Unfortunately, I assumed he just wasn't 100% because of the
URI. I will not make that mistake again. He has never shown any symptoms in the
year that I've had him. My other two positives, who lived with him, are fine,
but I'm going to have them checked out at the vet next week.
I lost my 18 year old cat last Monday so this hasn't been a very good past
couple of weeks for me.
Laura