Laura, I am so sorry for both your losses.  Hugs to you and gentle
Bridge journey to Duncan and your other kitty -- what was his/her name?

Diane R.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laura Mostello
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:32 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Duncan is gone

Sadly, I had to have Duncan euthanized last night. He was suffering from
a URI and getting Clavamox, and the URI was clearing up, but he was
still sluggish. On Sunday night he seemed disoriented, and was crying as
if he was in a lot of pain. I rushed him to the emergency vet and then
to my regular vet Monday morning. The vet called me at 5:30 as I was
driving home from work to get Duncan's food and told me that he thought
Duncan was very close to dying. Test results had showed Hemobartonella
and he was fading fast. We talked about possible treatments but Dr
Leathers felt that it would be best, and kindest, to put him down.
He deteriorated so quickly - just a couple of days ago he was eating and
walking around. Unfortunately, I assumed he just wasn't 100% because of
the URI. I will not make that mistake again. He has never shown any
symptoms in the year that I've had him. My other two positives, who
lived with him, are fine, but I'm going to have them checked out at the
vet next week.
I lost my 18 year old cat last Monday so this hasn't been a very good
past couple of weeks for me.
Laura

be privileged.
received this