-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Laura Mostello
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 8:32 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Duncan is gone

Sadly, I had to have Duncan euthanized last night. He was suffering from
a URI and getting Clavamox, and the URI was clearing up, but he was
still sluggish. On Sunday night he seemed disoriented, and was crying as
if he was in a lot of pain. I rushed him to the emergency vet and then
to my regular vet Monday morning. The vet called me at 5:30 as I was
driving home from work to get Duncan's food and told me that he thought
Duncan was very close to dying. Test results had showed Hemobartonella
and he was fading fast. We talked about possible treatments but Dr
Leathers felt that it would be best, and kindest, to put him down.
He deteriorated so quickly - just a couple of days ago he was eating and
walking around. Unfortunately, I assumed he just wasn't 100% because of
the URI. I will not make that mistake again. He has never shown any
symptoms in the year that I've had him. My other two positives, who
lived with him, are fine, but I'm going to have them checked out at the
vet next week.
I lost my 18 year old cat last Monday so this hasn't been a very good
past couple of weeks for me.
Laura

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any tax advice expressed above by Mayer Brown LLP was
not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer to
avoid U.S. federal tax penalties. If such advice was written or used to support
the promotion or marketing of the matter addressed above, then each offeree
should seek advice from an independent tax advisor.