-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of wendy
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:22 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] worried Mom seeking info

Hi Jackie,

My name is Wendy and I have been a member here for about 3 years.  I joined
after my 4 year old cat was diagnosed with FeLV and got sick.  My other
three (all 4 indoor) had already been exposed as they'd lived together since
Cricket was a kitten.  All 3 had been previously vaccinated for FeLV, but
the vaccinations were not current when Cricket came into the picture.
Cricket died from anemia shortly after I joined, which I think that we could
have reversed had I known what I know now about the disease.  None of my
others ever contracted FeLV.  I do believe that it's difficult for adult
cats, even elderly cats (we lost our 18.5 year old in Dec. to kidney issues
and she'd been around Cricket all that time), to contract it from general
contact or sharing food/water/litter boxes.  I think kittens are much more
susceptible.  I do believe in mixing pos with vaccinations/neg adults if
needed, but that is only my opinion based on what I've learned  here and
personal experience, not based on scientific evidence.  The veterinary world
is much more cautious because not enough is known about the virus.

:)
Wendy

 "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change
the world - indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"     ~~~ Margaret
Meade ~~~