I adopted Mickey when he was about 5 months old and found out he was positive
for felv.  For 8 years he displayed no signs of the virus until last December
when he fell in the garage about 8 feet and did not land on his feet. Although
he was not seriously hurt this apparently triggered something with the virus.
He became lethargic and would not eat.  My vet at the time began a series of
the immuno regulen shots and after about 3 months began giving them to him
every two weeks.

Last week I awoke to find flood all over my bed and followed the trail of blood
drops through the house to Mickey.  He had an adenoma on his back leg (which I
had not noticed) which burst open.  I took him to the vet I currently have and
he said normally he would perform surgery to remove it but in Mickey's
condition surgery would be dangerous for him.  The adenoma had stopped bleeding
by now so I said ok.  It was fine all week until yesterday and it burst open
again.  He cannot keep losing blood this way and I was wondering if anyone else
had encountered a situation like this.    I thought of asking my vet if he
would switch Mickey to prednisone to see if that would promote healing.

Any suggestions?

Viky Digangi

Viky Digangi
Support Enforcement Officer II