Hi Claudia
I wish I could help you. I think that a good vet is your best hope at  
this time.
I (we) can help you if your vet can get her stabilized and out of  
this crisis.

I have been able to treat a very sick, Felv kittie with a variety of  
supplements and interferon alpha. I can share all of these with you.

I'm thinking of the both of you and hoping that your vet can get her  
to a place
where you can begin to help her.

Please keep us posted.

On Oct 23, 2008, at 7:41 PM, Claudia wrote:

> Hi,
> I need your help!!!  I just joined this website.  I'm so glad  
> something like this exists as a resource for people with feline  
> leuk cats.  I have a young cat (she's 2) who was feral, I started  
> feeding her over the winter.  She's been with me almsot 2 years  
> now.  I decided to bring her in the hosue 'cause she was a little  
> kitten then, and I was worried about her being aout in the cold.   
> She was fine for a while ( at least 5 moths)  then developed a  
> couph.  I brought her to the vet, she was tested adn they said she  
> had feline leukemia.  She's been tested tiwce, so I guess she fdoes  
> have it.  I didn't knwo anything about thsi illness in cats.  Since  
> then, in the past 10 months, she's had a cold or upper respiratory  
> problems, inclding possibly asthma and allergies chronically.  It  
> seems she's been getting sick evry 2-3 months.  She's been on  
> anitbiotics which has worked so far.    In the past 3 weeks she's  
> had an occasional couph, and he
>  rbreathing ahsn't been normal.  Sh's been on Clavamox anibiotic  
> for 10 days,  it's helped a little, but this apst Tuesday and  
> Today, she had  a coupel of episodes where she began a couphing  
> fit, then started weezing, and panting for air, with her outh  
> opening for a few seconds for air.  IT was scary, I'd never seen  
> her like that. I turned ont humidifier and that seemd to help  
> her.    One thig though was that when I've had the humidifier on  
> for too long, I found mold on the windown int he room, and that's  
> not good either.
>  I'm planning on taking her to the vet tomorrow.  I don't know what  
> they'll tell me. I want to keep her healthy for as long as I can.
> HEr vet told me that she might have ashtma, but it was hard to tell  
> form her X ray because she also has the Leukemia.  The vet didn't  
> want to put her on Steroids because it's deadly for leukemia cats.
> I'm wondering what to do???   I was told people ont his board know  
> a lot about feline Leuk.  Please offer any suggestions,  
> recommendations.
> Thank you so much!!!
> _______________________________________________
> Felvtalk mailing list
> Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> http://felineleukemia.org/mailman/listinfo/felvtalk_felineleukemia.org

Felvtalk mailing list

Reply via email to