My first positive cat had severe uri's.  I took her to a homeopathic vet in
addition to her regular vet and it got her through two really bad ones (almost
pneumonia).   The last time she got sick I had to let her go.  She was just too
hard to medicate and too miserable to go on.  She lived to 7 or 8 years old
though.
  tonya

Claudia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Hi,
I need your help!!!  I just joined this website.  I'm so glad something like
this exists as a resource for people with feline leuk cats.  I have a young cat
(she's 2) who was feral, I started feeding her over the winter.  She's been
with me almsot 2 years now.  I decided to bring her in the hosue 'cause she was
a little kitten then, and I was worried about her being aout in the cold.  She
was fine for a while ( at least 5 moths)  then developed a couph.  I brought
her to the vet, she was tested adn they said she had feline leukemia.  She's
been tested tiwce, so I guess she fdoes have it.  I didn't knwo anything about
thsi illness in cats.  Since then, in the past 10 months, she's had a cold or
upper respiratory problems, inclding possibly asthma and allergies chronically.
 It seems she's been getting sick evry 2-3 months.  She's been on anitbiotics
which has worked so far.    In the past 3 weeks she's had an occasional couph,
and he
rbreathing ahsn't been normal.  Sh's been on Clavamox anibiotic for 10 days,
it's helped a little, but this apst Tuesday and Today, she had  a coupel of
episodes where she began a couphing fit, then started weezing, and panting for
air, with her outh opening for a few seconds for air.  IT was scary, I'd never
seen her like that. I turned ont humidifier and that seemd to help her.    One
thig though was that when I've had the humidifier on for too long, I found mold
on the windown int he room, and that's not good either.
 I'm planning on taking her to the vet tomorrow.  I don't know what they'll
tell me. I want to keep her healthy for as long as I can.
HEr vet told me that she might have ashtma, but it was hard to tell form her X
ray because she also has the Leukemia.  The vet didn't want to put her on
Steroids because it's deadly for leukemia cats.
I'm wondering what to do???   I was told people ont his board know a lot about
feline Leuk.  Please offer any suggestions, recommendations.
Thank you so much!!!