I agree with Sally...not only would that deprive us of their affections,
however short, it also deprives these precious babies of the love they need and
deserve, too. Debbie (COL)"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything,
but I can do something.And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to
do the something that I can do. What I can do, I should do. And what I should
do, by the grace of God, I will do"    (Edward Everett Hale) > Date: Tue, 25
Nov 2008 11:52:49 -0800> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] LTIC/Imulan & Losing
kitties> > Amber, I'm sorry to hear about baby Parker.> > One thing that
everyone needs to keep in mind all the time - every living thing on this earth
will someday die. Nobody knows when or how, and to deprive ourselves of love
and affection even for a day, because of what may or may not happen today or
tomorrow is a slap in the face to life and love itself.> > > > --- On Tue,
11/25/08, Amber Gilewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:> > > From: Amber Gilewski
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> > Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] LTIC/Imulan & Losing kitties> >
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org> > Date: Tuesday, November 25, 2008, 1:43 PM> >
Hello everyone,> > > > I am new to this listserv, but wanted to thank all of> >
you in advance> > for your insights and kindness! I recently adopted 2 FeLV> >
positive> > cats, Neo and Parker (1 in April and 1 in September). I> > knew
their> > lives would be cut short by the illness, but wanted to give> > them a>
> happy, comfortable life before they left this world. > > > > > > > > Some
friends and family members have given us grief over> > purposely> > adopting
these sick kitties. I've heard things to the> > effect of "You'll> > be sad
when they die" to "You're keeping a> > healthy cat from having a> > home." But
I didn't (and still don't care)> > what the naysayers have to> > say. I know
that I'm doing a good service to these cats> > that otherwise> > would be
euthanized before they needed to be or would be> > without a> > loving home.
Someone (who was in my corner) told me that> > she worked at> > a shelter once
and no one would even play with the FeLV> > cats, let alone> > adopt them. This
solidified my belief for the need of> > loving homes of> > these forgotten
felines! Their happiness is more important> > than my> > sadness, as profound
as it may be. > > > > > > > > I'm saddened to report that baby Parker (who we
got> > more recently in> > September) died on November 8th. It was a sad death
as he> > suddenly> > collapsed and died a couple of hours later in our home.
It> > was late at> > night and the emergency vet closest to us was in surgery.>
> Other vet> > services were an hour or more away. We saw him take his> > last
few> > breaths and wanted to end his suffering sooner (but> > couldn't). But
he> > died knowing (hopefully) that he was loved and that he> > didn't die> >
alone. He was the sweetest cat ever! :(> > > > > > > > Our other cat, Neo is
doing great! He's not showing> > any symptoms, has> > put on weight since we
got him, and has a strong appetite!> > I recently> > read about LTIC/Imulan and
told my vet about it. He> > didn't know too> > much about it as it's a newer
medication, but I asked> > him to order some> > for Neo. It's quite expensive,
but if I would have> > known about it> > sooner I would have tried it on little
baby Parker to help> > him. Since> > Neo is quite healthy, I'm not sure what
effect it will> > have on him, but> > I'd do anything to keep him as healthy as
we can for as> > long as we can.> > I'd be most pleased if anyone tries this
with their cat> > and could tell> > me how it works out. Also, did your cat
have any symptoms> > before or> > were they asymptomatic before starting
treatment?> > > > > > > > Thanks for reading and for all that you do for your>