i took the advise about a cat tree and ordered one from Foster and Smith.  have
gotten things from them before and they really do stand up to big cats.  this
is for Annie so she can get away.  plan to put it by window so she can be safe
ans still see thebirds and squirels outside.  thank God we have lot of big
windows.  that helps some since each one can have her/his own window.  it seems
that everyone is settling down pretty good, a few snarls here and there, but no
fights.  that is except for Casey and Bob ( he is the one who was hit by a car
and lady who brought him in could not afford surgery so paid to put to sleep.)
fortunately, Dr. Rhodes could not do it and put 2 pins in his right rear leg
and kept him untill could find a home for him.  he walks with a bit of a limp
(only 2 months since surgery)
Casey seems to have a one track mind - dominating all the others especially
Bob.  she stalks everyone, but relly has it in for Bob.  we were hoping that
since he is male, she might not bother him.  so maybe i will check out the site
on how to build cat trees and make a couple of my own.  i have been spraying
the whole house every day with Feliway and i think it has helped a lot at least
with the others.  like i said, only a few hisses, especially when they round a
corner and there is another cat.
as for the boxes, i think i have that figured out - clean at least 2 or 3 times
a day.  it is only when a box has been used and someone else wants to sue it
that i really have a problem.  plus the fact that Caey and Little Homie came
from a rescue group that only has volunteers coming in the am and late in day.
some of the cats are in seperate cages, but my girls ere in lrge cage with 6
other cats.  i think that is why Casey especially kicks the litter out when box
is soiled.  she is showing her displeasure.  have Rescue Remedy on order.