Dixie lived with me for 3 years. She was full grown when she came from a pine thicket where she had been living with a feral colony. She had the absolute best care possible both from her regular vets and holistic vets. When she left, I felt and continue to feel, that I had given her everything. I am sure there are things I might do differently and she left June 12, 2008. But everything I did for her I did with all the love in the world and with all the expectations that what I did was right. Neither of us can second guess ourselves when it comes to these wonderful beings. We can do the very best we can, love them (and I assure you Dixie was loved as much as any cat who ever set paw on this earth), and grieve for them. Stop beating yourself up. Stay with this group though. You will learn so much and you may make different decisions later.