Well, not exactly - what actually happened was I obtained 2 cats from a lady in Oklahoma, and she was a vet tech. She knew they were FELV positive, and had them for several years. HER VET (not mine) had vaccinated them for FELV regularly, and believed that it was helpful to FELV cats.

I took the cats (here in Arkansas) when she had a family problem and couldn't keep the cats. I have not continued the FELV vaccinations. The cats are fine.

Actually we took 4 cats - kind of long story, but they first went to a rescue in Missouri, for a few weeks, and then we got them in Arkansas. One cat died (fatty liver - hepatic lipidosis, as I recall). Another cat died after I was gone on vacation for 2 weeks (stress perhaps?). The other two remaining cats have continued to prosper. I haven't had them tested or vaccinated since I got them.I've had them for a few years, have to check when I got them.

Gloria