From: Gloria B. Lane <gbl...@aristotle.net>
Subject: [Felvtalk] add Hambone to the bridge list(not FELV)
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, February 27, 2009, 10:38 AM

Hambone died yesterday.  I've had Hambone as a foster cat since Jan 2004,
when Susan brought me a couple of black FIV+ kitties (not FELV), one was
Hambone.  He had been in the rescue group for a year or two, was originally from
the city animal shelter, obviously a stray, very friendly. Everybody loved
Hambone.

Within the last year he developed high blood pressure, and was on medication
for that.  He was obviously old, maybe 17-18, though we couldn't tell
exactly his age.  He had 1 ear that seemed to have "stuff" coming out
of it at times, and stopped eating at some point recently. He had some red spots
above his eye, and the eye started to squint and shut.  Recently he'd
started walking around and sticking his head in corners.  He got stuck behind
the hot water heater, and it was very hard to get him out.  There was something
going on in his head, and the vet wasn't sure what, but it seemed to be
causing him pain and disorientation, and it was getting worse.  We helped our
old friend to the bridge  yesterday, told him we loved him, and thanked him for
all his help. He was a great and beloved kitty friend.

Gloria