I appreciate everyones concern & thoughts.  Looking back at what I've written
so far, I can see that I haven't been very clear about what was/is going on
with Grrr.  I've been a little emotional these last few days!  I took him in
monday morning because he had been having a very difficult time doing normal
cat stuff- jumping, running, etc- saturday night & sunday, and it was getting
progressively worse as hours passed.  I had consulted with my vet on Sunday
about possibly taking him to emergency, but because he was not displaying any
very dramatic symptoms of stroke, seizure, obvious distress or pain, we decided
to save him the trip and bring him in first thing Monday morning.  He had been
losing weight, and it seemed likely that his weakness was a symptom of whatever
was causing the weight loss- hence the blood tests that led to the leukemia
diagnosis.  The vet believes it likely that the weakness & instability are a
result of a spinal tumor caused by lymphosarcoma, and I believe that
yesterday's dramatic neurological symptoms were simply a progression from what
had been going on all weekend, exacerbated by the stressful hospitalization &
long car rides- he doesn't travel well either.  Grrr doesn't do anything easily
except look handsome & growl.  The cortisol shot was administered as an effort
at pain management, to see if it helped him get around easier.  Just got him
home and he's looking OK- a bit better than yesterday, and he sure seems happy
to be home.   We have a very long term relationship with this doctor, and do
trust him- obviously, mistakes can be made, but I am comfortable with the
treatment Grrr has been given and the plans we have discussed for his future. I
am, as has been suggested, throwing out the calender- my cat seems happy, if a
bit awkward physically, and that makes me happy!  Amy