I'd just not worry about it. Your tom cat is 9 years old, which is not old. He probably has a good enough immune system that it's not bothered by the virus. If you regularly vaccinate him, then go ahead - go for it.

There are some stats about exposure and how likely it is for a cat to become infected. But what I've read and believe is that most healthy adult cats have a good enough immune system to fight off the virus, and if you vaccinate them, then it'll just help.

I used to mix my positives and negatives - don't know because I have rescue cats. But never caused any problem. I have friends who mix their (neiutered) negatives with the positives, no problem.

Gloria

On Mar 31, 2009, at 3:33 PM, Debbie Harrison wrote:

Marcel, there are many wise people here.... I am sure they will give you the answers you need. Good luck with your cats!

Debbie

"The time is always right to do what is right" -  Martin Luther King

Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 20:22:16 +0000
From: marcelwal...@yahoo.gr
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] 2 Positive FELV togehter with 1 Negative NEED HELP FROM GREECE PLEASE

Hello and Greetings from Greece,
We need help from the experts, pls.

Before 2 weeks we've found out that 2 of our cats are FELV +
It was an ELISA bloodtest (this are the only ones here in Greece)
Now we wrote and talked with so many people but this made us more confused, because we have one tomcat here (so 3 cats in the home) which is 9 years old and he was tested Negative. Everyone tells us something different , one time they say that we shouldnt give our negative tomcat a vaccency-injection for the FELV because it can be dangerous in his age and that he will not get FELV now and another one tells that we should go asap to give him the injection.

To explain it:
We took a stray cat before one year in our house, he was sleeping sometimes inside and had contact with our both cats. One our little cat girl got FELV but the older tomcat not. We want to help them but dont know what is now the best to protect at first the old tomcat and what we can do with the both infected cats ? Because here you cant get INTERFERON etc. also you get here only the standard cat food like whiskas, Felix, Gourmet.

Please can help some expert here, what we should do now with our lovely old tomcat that he gets not infected and what we can do that we help the both infected cats?/
Thank you very much

Marcel