Marcel,
Hello and welcome to the list. I am katlover 13 on the forum. I hope you will find some information that will help you here. Nearly everybody in this group has or has had positive cats and there is a great deal of good advise here. Best wishes for all of your cats.
Sue

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marcel Wallat" <marcelwal...@yahoo.gr>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 4:22 PM
Subject: [Felvtalk] 2 Positive FELV togehter with 1 Negative NEED HELP FROMGREECE PLEASE

Hello and Greetings from Greece,
We need help from the experts, pls.

Before 2 weeks we've found out that 2 of our cats are FELV +
It was an ELISA bloodtest (this are the only ones here in Greece)
Now we wrote and talked with so many people but this made us more confused, because we have one tomcat here (so 3 cats in the home) which is 9 years old and he was tested Negative. Everyone tells us something different , one time they say that we shouldnt give our negative tomcat a vaccency-injection for the FELV because it can be dangerous in his age and that he will not get FELV now and another one tells that we should go asap to give him the injection.

To explain it:
We took a stray cat before one year in our house, he was sleeping sometimes inside and had contact with our both cats. One our little cat girl got FELV but the older tomcat not. We want to help them but dont know what is now the best to protect at first the old tomcat and what we can do with the both infected cats ? Because here you cant get INTERFERON etc. also you get here only the standard cat food like whiskas, Felix, Gourmet.

Please can help some expert here, what we should do now with our lovely old tomcat that he gets not infected and what we can do that we help the both infected cats?/
Thank you very much

Marcel