If the mom is eating and caring for the kittens, they can relax some but
I'd like to
emphasize that they should take the whole litter to the vet at the first
sign that there
is anything wrong with the kittens.  Or get some antibiotic like clavamox
to have
on hand if possible.  Lysine is good.

I wish you and them the very best of luck!

"Laurieskatz" <lauriesk...@mchsi.com>
Sent by: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
13-Apr-2009 13:23
Please respond to felvtalk@felineleukemia.org

felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
cc

Subject
Re: [Felvtalk] OT - will kittens born to mom with URI have URI?

Thank-you for this. The five babies were born last night. The mom sounds
like she has mucous in her throat when she swallows and her purr sounds
hoarse but there are no other symptoms. The foster mom started l lysine.
Mama kitty ("Spring") is eating. No discharge from eyes or nose. Symptoms
have not worsened since she got there Saturday noon so foster mom is
hopeful
this is not a URI. Any thoughts based on symptoms? Still think she should
treat the mama?
Thank-you!\
Laurie