hard-boiled eggs provide the necessary taurine......

and ground chicken/turkey can be used, and you can watch sales for them and
get that quite inexpensively, too. (and those two are good for crf kitties,
which is why i started using it--AND learned that the hard-boiled eggs gave
enough taurine....). i add brown rice to stretch the mixture, not because
they need it (obligate carnivores and all that) and rarely add veggies for
the same reason. however, being the silly mom that i am, i usually cook the
rice in chicky broth, and something, okay mostly, add some gravy for flavor.
and vitamins.....

mc

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 8:03 AM, Debbie Harrison <dlh1...@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks, Belinda!!  I forwarded it on to everyong I know who has pets.
>
> Debbie (COL)
> "The time is always right to do what is right" -  Martin Luther King
>

> > Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 16:49:35 -0700
> > From: ma...@bemikitties.com
> > To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
> > Subject: [Felvtalk] Important - please read, be aware and pass it on!
> >
> > * Here we go again:*
> > >
> > > The Food and Drug Administration is looking into a series of pet
> > > deaths and illnesses, possibly connected with Nutro Foods.
> > >
> > > Nutro Foods makes both dog and cat foods sold under brand names Nutro
> > > Max, Nutro Natural Choice and Nutro Max Cat.
> > >
> > > The company has set up a hot line for consumers to call with their
> > > concerns -- 800-833-5330.
> > >
> > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30331337/
> >
> > I'm getting really leery of the "good" foods!!
> >

> > --
> >
> > Belinda
> > happiness is being owned by cats ...
> >
> > http://bemikitties.com