This is what's so strange. I'm not a religious or even a spiritual person, at
all. But after I felt that overwhelming peacefulness - and this is where it
really gets weird - the air in front of me changed. The only way I can describe
it is to say it sort of smoothed over, or glassed over. And then it changed
color. It had a green tint. And then everything dissipated and was gone.
I told my co-workers about it today, expecting to be ridiculed, but
surprisingly, everyone took me seriously. Alison told me that after her 14 year
old dog died, she had the body cremated. It took 2 weeks for the ashes to come
back. During that 2 weeks she both saw and heard that dog in the house. When
she finally brought the ashes back to the house, she saw a plume of black smoke
whoosh through the house and disappear. She never saw her dog again after that.
I buried Charlotte in the fern garden. But I know she's not really there. I
will miss her so much, but at least she went quickly.
Laura