I'd like to add - you can't have ANY quality of life if you are DEAD.

See "The Fallacy of "Fates Worse than Death" by Nathan Winograd

http://www.nathanwinograd.com/?p=1076

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 3:45 PM, MaryChristine <twelvehousec...@gmail.com>wrote:

> of course if depends on quality of life, but you also have to have a
> realistic definition of what that means. i've found that many people tend
> judge quality of life in human terms, and in light of what they would like
> to be able to provide to a housecat--and that is NOT necessarily what a
> sanctuary can and even should be able to provide.
>
> people often have unrealistic expectation of the places that take in the
> unwanted, and while there are DEFINITELY enough horror stories to go
> around,
> until more folks can step up and share the burden, they perhaps need to
> revise down their own personal standards.
>
> let's have a task force of folks who volunteer to go to sanctuaries nearby
> where they live, and report back to the rest of us. let's talk with people
> who've had to try to make decisions regarding how best to care for large
> number of critters, and see what it's like to make the choices needed.
> let's
> ask the cats -- you can tell happy cats when you see them, and plush
> surroundings are NOT the standard....
>
> MC
> --
> Spay & Neuter Your Neighbors!
> Maybe That'll Make The Difference....
>
> MaryChristine
> Special-Needs Coordinator, Purebred Cat Breed Rescue (www.purebredcats.org
> )
> Member, SCAT (Special-Cat Action Team)

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Help us spay some kitties!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/30-spays-in-30-days

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take  them first
as long as you leave me alone".