but with what we get, freezing is easy and doesn't take up much freezer space - I've been doing it for a while, but haven't bought any in many months. A friend just got some, I'll have to check the math with her. I also don't see why the freezing would be a problem, but any thoughts/ opinion are appreciated.

Gloria

On Jun 9, 2009, at 5:24 PM, gary wrote:

Personally, I don't see why the amount of dilution should make any
difference in whether you can freeze it or not, but if you took a 3 million unit vial and diluted it to 30 units per ml, it would take up quite a lot of freezer space as you would have one thousand, 100 ml containers to freeze
and store instead of 1000, one ml containers.

There is certainly plenty of CMA in the medical field.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Lorrie
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2009 4:04 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Freezing meds.....

Gary, we all count on you for info. on our vet meds, so thanks.

As for freezing stuff....... I freeze all my meds, vet meds and
human meds.  I've had human meds in the freezer as long as ten years
and they still work fine.  I've also had Clavamox in the freezer for
two years past the expiration date and it works fine.

I've asked several pharmacists about freezing meds, and they all say
not to do it, BUT I wonder if they have to say this to cover their
butts just in case.  There is a lot of CMA in the medical field.

What are your thoughts on this?

Lorrie