He was white with a few orange spots and an orange tail.  When we got him, he
was so run down.  Within no time at all, I thought he was the coolest looking
cat I ever saw.  He was all personality.  He's the one that would stick his
paws out from under the chair or couch to get me as I walked by.  He loved life
and would sit in the windows and make all sorts of crazy noises at my birds and
squirrels, ones I've never heard a cat make.

He was really one of a kind.  I'll never forget how much he touched our lives.
I got him the minute I returned home from my honeymoon in August of 05.  I took
one cat (possibly his sister or relative) with FIV right before we left and
when I got home from my honeymoon, there was a message that he was waiting to
see if I would give him a home.  My husband let me make a special allowance for
him (I had promised to keep my number to five since we spend so much money on
them) and take him as my 6th cat for an early birthday present.

I've rescued several leuk positive and for us the ones that got it as kittens
never seemed to do as well in the long run.  I have 5 (til today) and this is
the longest stretch we've ever had without losing one.  We were hoping maybe
all these cats got leukemia as adults and would be around for a long time.
Maverick was way too young, probably only 4 or 5 years old :(

Thanks for thinking about us.

Amy