Ok, well, here we go with my day.
My mother woke me up at 7:15 am calling me after I went to bed at 3 am.  I
had a friend move out of town and bring over her nice desk and filing
cabinets last night, also some cat litter she didn't need.  I asked my
boyfriend to put the cat litter in the house, and he let Tabitha out.  Now,
Tabitha likes to try to get out and normally I follow her and sit down and
let her come to me, but he insisted on trying to grab her and scared her.
 We walked the neighborhood with a flashlight and looked for her til 3 am,
and still had to move the furniture in.  Then, my mother called me at 7:15
am.  I had to get up and clean out the Rescutiesmobile of all the assorted
cat rescue paraphanalia since it has an electrical problem.  It also will
not start and had to be towed.  So I had to haul out a 6 foot table, canopy
tent, donation jars, traps, carriers, litter, litter boxes, food, and all
the other assorted stuff that rescuers carry.  Finally it was ready to go to
the electric shop (they told me it had to be totally emptied).  I called the
towing service and they were 2 hours late.  Called the shop and said it was
on its way, they said it would be better to bring it tomorrow..um, no.  Then
needed to go to administer fluids to a friends' cat.  Determined cat was too
ill, we went to vet clinic.  One person has emailed me today about taking in
3 kittens, and another an adult cat.  We have no available fosters and
precious little money.  We found a kitten feeding while feeding ferals (the
colony is completely TNRed and this was a tame kitten, so he didn't come
from there).  Talked to one of the other feeders and they saw a black and
white kitten and fed it, but LEFT IT THERE, and apparently the MOWERS came
this weekend, and it hasn't been seen since.  Friend took the kitten short
term and we are seeking foster.   My feet hurt so bad I can't walk and
Tabitha's not home yet.

Well, that was several days, but still, bad.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:09 PM, LauraM <hingebacktorto...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I want to vent, too! I've had a bad, bad day!
> I work at a county shelter and we have just about had it with people.
> A woman called today and told me that she was getting ready to call Channel
> 2 news about us, because we were so very rude. Why was she ticked off?
> Because she surrendered her dog 2 weeks ago - she and her husband "couldn't
> tolerate" the dog's destructive behavior - and we were not "doing enough" to
> get her dog adopted. Ummmm......you weren't willing to spend any time and
> effort whatsoever on your dog, so why would anyone else? They decided to
> just reclaim the dog today, since they didn't want her to be euthanized. My
> colleague who handled the reclaim very nicely questioned the husband about
> his plans for the dog. Would they work with her, train her, try to find her
> another home? After all, we didn't want the dog to be reclaimed only to
> be dumped on us again. Not exactly fair to the dog, is it? The husband said
> he was ready to start cursing out my coworker, and apparently a nasty
>  email is in the works. And someone else dumped his dog because she had a
> hot spot, and he didn't want to pay a vet, and when we told him that we had
> a low-cost vet we could refer him to, the excuse was, "She's too wild around
> the kids." We try to help them, and they counter with another BS excuse. I'm
> sick of it!
> And you guys will love this one. Last week a woman surrendered 5 kittens.
> It seems that THREE of her cats had litters of 7 at the same time, and she
> needs to round up all the kittens and bring them to us, because, of course,
> they all roam around outside! She then proceeded to blame the neighborhood
> tomcats for knocking up her females, when naturally it's her
> irresponsibility that got her into this mess. They are planning to bring us
> nearly 30 cats in all. We had to euthanize FIFTY cats and kittens last week,
> and just as many this week, and STILL people refuse to spay/neuter or keep
> their animals confined when they're in heat.
> This has to stop. It just has to stop.

http://www.rescuties.org

http://www.zazzle.com/rescuties*

http://www.magfundraising.com/rescuties

Help us spay some kitties!

http://rescuties.chipin.com/feed-hungry-animals

"Rather than helping, it's easier to point fingers and say "take  them first
as long as you leave me alone".