Well, that's so gratifying that you're trying to help this sweet kitty. You might try Tabby's place in NJ - http:// www.tabbysplace.org/. Even if they can't take, they might have suggestions. I'm sure there are other options from other members of this group. Of course the vets are more paranoid about it, but I do understand your caution.

However some of us do mix our + and our - FELV cats. Also, I have a friend locally with an FELV + cat, and one FELV- (indoors of course). We recommended that she give the FELV+ cat a daily low dose oral interferon, and both kitties are still alive and happy after 4 years - one is still + and the other still -.

Best of luck,

Gloria