PRAYERS FOR LUKEY.

-----Original Message-----
From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Tower Laboratories
Corporation
Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 12:28 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] FW: Q re Staph Protein A

Hi, Jenny and all,

Lukey is not doing well.  He has become much more anemic
while we've been waiting on the LTCI to work.  The good news
is that though his lymphocytes are way down, his RBCs appear
to be regenerating somewhat, so there is still hope if we
can keep him from crashing from the anemia.

I'm wondering if you can tell me what Autumn's numbers were
when it was decided that a transfusion was necessary?  My
vet has advised against it because of the risk, though I
don't want to wait too long if that is what it will take to
save him while the LTCI continues to work on his RBCs. The
vet is putting in a nasogastric feeding tube because he
continues to fight us on the syringe feeding and is now bone
thin.  He is also getting intravenous fluids and high doses
of vitamin C.  He doesn't seem to be struggling to breathe,
though, and is still fairly alert, though his gums are white
and he is clearly not well.

Thanks for your concern, and we sure could use some prayers
for our Lukey boy . . . we're so worried

Sally