From: felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org
[mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of Ellie Foster
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:35 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] New Here w/Questions

Hello,

Im new here, my name is Ellie.

I joined because my "niece" kitty, Brie, is one year old and was diagnosed
with FeLV about a month ago with a faint positive result (she is supposed to
be retested in 2 months).

My question is - my sibling is planning a move across quite a few states
(USA), about 12-14 hours travelling by car, to New York City. Her job will
keep her very occupied, literally up to 20 hours a day!! (I couldnt do it
lol).

No one knew Brie was + until last month because my sister never took her to
the vets after finding her outside, alone, at about 4 weeks old. So, I
finally convinced my sis to let me take Brie in to be spayed, vaccinated,
tested - and, that is when we got the diagnosis.

Just wondering, vet said that stress on kitty is *bad* - is this type of
fairly long-distance move something that qualifies as stressful? (will ask
the vet of course too!)

Has anyone used lysine supplements in an FeLV kitty?

Will my sister encounter any problems in trying to rent an apartment with an
FeLV+ cat?

I ask because I can easily give Brie a home; I have no other kitties
(anymore - both of my elderly (16 &19) baby boy cats passed on early this
year, one of CRF, the other of a sudden massive stroke, within 2 months of
each other). And if I can help Brie live a longer, happy life, I would be
incredibly glad to do so.

Brie knows my house, my family, has stayed with us up to 3 weeks in the past
when my sister has been out of town on business.

And I love the little baby Brie anyway! Just want her to live the best life
possible, and am debating offering - again - to let kitty live with me.

Thank you so much for your help & info!

Ellie