Ellie, you have already received many thoughtful replies.  No your sis does not
need to tell anyone Brie is is FeLV+.  My concern would be the quality of care
she could provide Brie.  So far she has not been able to take her to the vet to
be neutered or get her shots.  You did that.  Care, love and attention are
needed by a FeLV kitty.  It really sounds like you are in a better position to
provide the care Brie needs to enjoy however much time she has.
Sharyl