First, lessen the stress on him and on yourself and give him and the others the best food possible. Rescue Remedy and Feliway may help you and the kittens.

Second, enjoy every minute you have with these babies. Don't look at calenders and wonder "what if" "when" or have self-doubts (almost impossible but try). Every one starts dying the minute they take their first breath. Make life as easy and fun and comfortable as you can for all you care about. Nibbler and his sibblings have a hard row ahead of them but think what their lives would be like if you and your husband hadn't cared? Dixie Louise lived 3 years when the vets were betting a much shorter time. She had everything I thought she might possibly want (with the exception of mice to chase and, had I known she was going to leave so suddenly, I might have gotten her the mice). She was full grown when she came into my life as a throw- away. She was the most wonderful little girl and I would not trade one second with her for anything. That time is well worth the pain.

If you have a holistic vet in your area, seek her help. Dixie had her regular vets who are marvelous and she had a great holistic vet, Betty Boswell. I credit the combination of styles for her happy life.

Blessings to you, your husband and the kittens.