From: jbero tds.net <jb...@tds.net>
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Bridget - new positive kitten - questions about
treatment
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Date: Friday, November 20, 2009, 5:00 PM

Laura,

I am glad to hear your vet is willing to try something.  It is so hard to
watch these healthy young beautiful felv kittens and cats deteriorate so
rapidly and die.

The treatments I am aware of include interferon - an oral preparation most
vets are familiar with and cheap, LTCI (an immunomodulator produced by
Imulan, it is a subcutaneous injection - you can check their website and
contact them or have your vet do so), Acemannan or ambotrose (either a
intraperitoneal injection or oral supplement made by Mannetech I believe is
their name you can google ambotrose).  I have heard that early on in the
disease high dose iv vitamin c can change viral status.  Other holistic
approaches/alternative meds include Wei Qi Booster (chinese herbal) and raw
diet.   There are other things out there, but I am not too familiar with
them, a group A strep product (it's a bacterial derivative tried in the past
with some success, but I haven't seen or heard much recently about it)

You really have 50 pound tortoises, wow, that's something else.  That is a
world I am utterly unfamiliar with.  Do they all get along?

Well good luck and God bless.  If you need any more specifics just let me
know.

Jenny